Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Double the Fun Challenge

I did it! I actually completed a challenge on time! If you haven`t seen the Double the Fun articles in Canadian Scrapbooker, you need to check them out. A friend of mine, Kelly Klapstein, is the brains behind this new column/challenge. I loved the sketch for the upcoming Spring 2013 column and I wanted to try my hand at seeing what I was able to come up with. 

Here is the Double the Fun sketch.


This is my "Fun at the Zoo" page that I created based on the sketch.
 
I used patterned papers from the Cosmo Cricket "Mr. Campy" line and the K&Company "Actopus to Zelephant" line.

The acrylic embellishments I used on the page are from Maya Road. I coloured each of the acrylic postage stamps by applying Stickles glitter glue to the back of the stamps.

The train border strip was created using a Martha Stewart punch. I'm sure I will get lots of use out of this punch since my little guy is a train fiend!! The journaling spot is made to coordinate with the stamp embellishments and is also by Maya Road.

I cut out the train cars, title letters and "C U later alligator" phrase from one of the K&Company patterned papers. I used hemp twine to string the train cars together and added a knot in the string in front of the engine to look like a kid's pull train.

Since I have this page completed, I'm going to submit it to Canadian Scrapbooker. We'll see if it makes the cut into the column!


1 comment:

  1. Love this Paula! Soooo CUTE! Thanks for joining in "Double the Fun"!!

    ReplyDelete